Kannada Inscript Keyboard
How to Enable Kannada Inscript Keyboard In Windows 8, 7 & Vista
Whether you know or not? but your windows system supports typing directely in your Kannada langauge using Kannada Inscript Keyboard. You have to just activate it to type in Kannada. These is simple procedure of enabling Kannada Inscript Keyboard described following:
1. Go to Regional and Language Options in Control Panel
2. Click on Change Keyboards button and then click on add button -> after that search for Kannada (India) and -> Expand the + sign and select Kannada (check the checkbox) Keyboard as shown in figure below.
3. Select Kannada, Check Keyboard Layout and select Kannada
4. Finally Click OK and Apply
How To Use Inscript keyboard
1. Open Any Application
2. Press alt + shift key , now you can write in Kannada with Inscript keyboard and if you again press alt+shift then you will switch to English Keyboard.
Steps for Enable Kannada Inscript Keyboard in the Windows XP
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
- Click on Regional and Language Options.
- Click on the Languages tab as shown below.
- Under the heading 'Supplemental language support' check the item 'Install files for Complex Script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)'.
- Allow the OS to install necessary files from WindowsXP disc and Reboot the system
What to Select as User Locale, Location and System Locale?
- Click on the 'Regional Options' tab to set User Locale and Location.
- Under the heading 'Standards and format' select Kannada or any other language as your User Locale from the drop-down box. This selection will determine settings for numbers, currencies, times and dates as well as sorting rules for the language.
- Under the heading 'Location', select a country where you are physically located such as India.
Setting-up the Indian Language Keyboards or Input Locales In Regional and Language Options panel, click on the Languages Tab.
- Once Languages tab is selected click on the 'Details' tab to install different input locales or Keyboards.
- Click on the 'Add' button to add a keyboard for a particular language.
- In the drop-down box select Kannada as the Input Language.